Yes, you read the title correctly. It does say “Liebster Award” in big, beautiful letters. Let me fill you in.
So as you know this blog is a sometimes-funny-but-mostly-sad little corner of the internet where I complain about my life. Also, there is the occasional fictional tidbit. I also have the belief that nobody actually reads it. I am led to think that there is only one person who reads this sad excuse for a blog; and that is thegalacianlad. His stuff is also pretty darn funny (if i do says so myself) and you should go check it out! He (thegalacianlad) has nominated me for an award (The Liebster Award) of which i did not know existed to be honest. But boy am I glad it does!
Now before I start writing random things, I should explain the RULES to accepting a nomination for this award, and therefore entering yourself in this contest.
I don’t particularly like the format of the list and it doesn’t match my blog’s aesthetic.
***Slaughter me now. I have become a white girl who says things like aesthetic. ***
The Official Rules of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- display the award on your blog by either including it in your post and/or
i’m just going to mess with my aesthetic
too lazy to type.
Questions made by thegalacianlad for those nominated:
1. If it was up to you, where would you like to live? — Hamilton Ontario
2. Right now, what’s the weather like? — Pretty Shit
3. What is love? — Baby Don’t Hurt Me, don’t hurt me no more
4. If I say Spain, what do you say? — Spicy
5. What are you afraid of? — Literally getting back-stabbed. When I was in grade 5, My teacher told me about Julius Cesar and how he got stabbed in the back 27 TIMES. TWENTY-SEVEN. I have been mentally scarred since and if people touch my back I pee.
6. What makes you happy? — Food, Cats, watching broccoli mate.
7. Would you like to recommend a film? — I don’t watch movies. I watch YouTube instead of television. But, my strange Library friend has a few suggestions: Literally any Kubrick movies, A Clockwork Orange will change your life, Kill Bill (vol 1&2) are amazing, Jennifer’s Body, Trainspotting, Mad Max: Fury Road, Chungking Express, Kids (1995), Scarface, Zodiac, Battle Royale, Black Swan, The Wolf of Wall Street, and so many more.
8. And a song? — I don’t know, I have a new favorite every week.
9. How would you like to be remembered? — Being kinda funny at times.
10. What are you thinking in this very moment? — I’m hungry
11. Is there any question you would like to answer? — CONFESSION: I don’t know the “i before e except after c” rule and I call myself a writer.
11 random facts about myself.
- I am a redhead who is 18 years old and lives in Ontario, Canada.
- I probably have commitment issues
- my family is effing insane, so insane sometimes that I wish they weren’t mine like when they threaten to take away your new kitten all over a $40 407 ETR charge from 6 months ago.
- I suck at being punctual
- I love words
- I have trouble looking people in the eyes (trust and intimacy issues)
- my first ex-boyfriend is now my best friend.
- If you asked me 2 years ago where I would be now, it would not be anything close to where I am.
- I used to sit in “the pee corner” at recess in elementary school because nobody would play with me.
- My favorite toe is my pinky toe. It curls inwards and under my foot and I find it adorable. I also identify with it’s shyness.
*** hello there reader, It’s me Alicia and as I am trying to find people to nominate for this award I am having some serious blog envy because everyone is so darn witty. I look at my sad excuse for a blog and it looks quite shit. I am a horrid blogger, and there are some really awesome ones out there.***
***also, I am going to make a couple of horribly structured sentences to explain why I nominated these 5 people.***
- Tangental Thoughts — This one is my ex boyfriend’s girlfriend’s blog. The only reason I know about it is because she stuck her nose where it didn’t belong and made me feel like shit quite frankly. So you may be asking why I am nominating her for this award. Well I think that anybody who has enough courage to start a blog deserves to be known. Also, Rowan you are still an asshole 🙂
- Hello Beautiful Book Blog — I always appreciate a good book blog and this one is not only good writing but it is beautiful.
- The Vocal Wallflower — To be honest this title gives me chills down my word-obsessed spine.
- Fence Post Diaries — I like this whole blog, the titles are candy, I like the overall look and this writer is some serious writing style goals.
- Discombobulated — Perfection.
New questions made by moi (Red98) for the nominees
- Favorite Toe
- Mushrooms — Yay or Nay?
- Do you judge people?
- How many clocks are in your place of residence?
- Parlez-Vous Français?
- Scars — How many and where?
- Why do you write?
- Favourite line from a book you’ve read?
- What is beauty to you?
- Would you consider eating a cricket covered in chocolate?
Thank you for reading and hopefully you enjoyed this post. It is one of the most formal things I have ever written so appreciate it.
DEATH TO POINT.PROOF.EXPLANATION PARAGRAPHS.